Friday, April 1, 2011

What Really Matters to OUR Elected Officials

Last night, as I was drifting away to sleep, I recalled a bill proposal that would regulate how loud television commercials could be. I shrugged it off at the time, thinking to myself, "Congress has more important things to worry about". Well as it turns out, they don't. The bill became law in December of last year. Let me just say firstly, I CANNOT STAND LOUD COMMERCIALS. However, this is something the networks should work out, not something that should be deliberated upon in our nations capital.

What should they be working on? Hmm, well we're in an economic recession, there's gotta be something they can attempt to resolve there! And what's our national debt at right now? *quick check online* 14 TRILLION DOLLARS!? How about fixing that! Oh and that whole Obamacare mess, I'm no genius, but it sure sounds like that's pretty controversial. If it's not too much of a problem Congress, I'd like for y'all to try to resolve some of that mess. But no, you'd rather beat around the bush and deal with much less significant problems.

We voted for these people to better our lives. Granted, there's always this understanding that they won't be able to solve TOO much, but instead of being focused on re-election they could be more focused on our well beings. I used to wonder what goes on in the minds of Legislators, but if the problem of commercial volume is a serious issue for them, then I'd rather not try to find depth from a shallow mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment